Monument to Gen. Robert E. Lee's Headquarters

Dedicated: September 17, 1936
Location: Route 34 on the West side of Sharpsburg
Map Number: 66
View the Monument Map

 
Monument to Gen. Robert E. Lee's Headquarters
Monument to Gen. Robert E. Lee's Headquarters

NPS Photo

Monument Text:
C.S.A.
On this site
in an oak grove from
Sept. 15 to Sept. 18, 1862
stood the Headquarters
tent of General Robert E.
Lee, Commanding the
Confederate forces.

Purchased, restored and marked by the West Virginia Division United Daughters of the Confederacy.

Unveiled Sept. 17, 1936.

Last updated: January 27, 2020

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 158
Sharpsburg, MD 21782

Phone:

(301) 432-5124

Contact Us