Laws & Policies
It is the responsibility of visitors to understand and comply with all applicable state, local, and federal firearms laws before entering this park. As a starting point about state and local firearms laws please go to the following web site and select the state that you are interested in from the list on the right side of the page: http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/state-laws/29th-edition/index.html.
The information posted on this National Park Service Web site includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. The National Park Service provides these links and pointers solely for your information and convenience. When you select a link to an outside Web site, you are subject to the privacy, copyright, security, and information quality policies of that Web site. The National Park Service:
1. DOES NOT control or guarantee the accuracy, legality, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked Web site;
2. DOES NOT endorse linked Web sites, the views they express, or the products/services they offer;
3. CANNOT authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked Web sites;
4. IS NOT responsible for transmissions users receive from linked Web sites;
5. DOES NOT guarantee that outside Web sites comply with the accessibility requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Did You Know?
Cape Hatteras National Seashore, our nation's first national seashore, is located only a few miles south of Wright Brothers National Memorial. More...