1a - Welcome Information
by as much as 14 miles. Public travel on the reservation is limited to the existing county roads (Moccasin and Mt. Trumbull/Toroweap roads). Travel elsewhere on the reservation requires a permit and/or guide service.
Visitors may enjoy:
• Viewing exhibits at the NPS/Tribal museum - Allow 1 hour.
• Hiking on the Heart (or Mu'uputs) Canyon trail.
Guided hike available by arrangement - fees apply.
• Camping at the RV Campground
Located 1 mile north of the monument. - fees apply (NOTE: Kaibab campground CLOSED for renovations as of November 2013)
• Gas, travel and camping supplies are available at the convenience store and
gas station, located ¼ mile south of the cultural center.
• Seasonal permitted hunting and fishing are also available.
The Kaibab People ask that you respect tribal resources, the privacy of our
tribal members, and enjoy our land.