We're Here to Help
Oxon Cove Park covers a large area. Oxon Hill Farm is part of Oxon Cove Park and can take from a half-hour to several hours to visit depending on what you do. Some of the things you can do on your visit are:
- Take part in a program. We offer programs throughout the year. If you are a group of 5 or more you must make a reservation 2 weeks prior to your visit. Check out our things to do and schedule of events.
- Take a self-guided tour. If you visit the park without taking part in the program, you can take a self-guided tour. Stop in the Visitor Center to pick-up the brochure, Self-Guided Walking Tour.
- Stop by the Visitor Center. If you are visiting with a young child make sure you visit the Kid's Activity Corner in the Visitor Center. You can color, read books, do puzzles, and play games. All of these activities are centered around farm and environmental themes. We also have a bookstore and exhibits here.
- Become a Junior Ranger. If you between the ages of 9 and 13 you can become an Oxon Cove Park Junior Ranger. Pick-up the booklet at the Visitor Center and complete the activities in the booklet. You can earn a certificate, badge, and patch, Click here for more information.
- Visit our outdoor and historical exhibits. If you are a history buff, you can take a walk throughout the park and read our historical outdoor exhibit panels. You can visit our Mount Welby exhibits if you visit on Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 1 pm to 3 pm.
- Take a walk or a bike ride. There are 2 trails in the park:
1. Hiker-Biker Trail is 1.6 miles and starts at the the parking lot. It has moderate hills and paved surface. NO BIKES IN THE FARM AREA.
2. Woodlot Trail is .3 miles and has moderate trails and is located in a forested area of the park.