NEW OPERATING HOURS
Effective 9.29.13: Visitor Center is CLOSED Mondays & Tuesdays. Wednesdays - Sundays, the Visitor Center will be OPEN 9 AM - 4 PM. Star Fort Pond is CLOSED 9 AM Sundays – 9 AM Tuesdays. Park grounds open dawn to dusk. Gates lock at 5 PM.
Pets are allowed in the park if on a leash and under the owner's physical control. Leashes cannot exceed six feet in length. At no time are pets allowed to be off leash and run free. Pets are not permitted in the visitor center except for service animals. Owners of pets are responsible for waste cleanup and any damage their pets cause.
Need a Few Good Reasons to Leash Your Dog?
1. Leashes protect dogs from becoming lost and from wilderness hazards such as sick, injured, or rabid animals.
2. Unleashed dogs intimidate other battlefield visitors and other leashed dogs, depriving them of the peace this park provides.
3. Unleashed dogs could harrass, injure, and sometimes kill wildlife.
4. Leashed dogs' keen sense can enhance your awareness of nearby wildlife or possible dangers.
5. Unleashed dogs increase the probability of dogs being banned from Ninety Six National Historic Site.
6. Failure to leash your dog may result in a fine.
Did You Know?
Light Horse Harry Lee got his nickname because of his daring rides against the British. Lee’s Legion wore green uniforms like those of the British Cavalryman Banastre Tarleton. It allowed them to operate in enemy territory & blend with the landscape. You can see where Lee fought at Ninety Six NHS.