Temporary Climbing and Bouldering Closures
Due to raptor nesting:
- Towers of Uncertainty (including but not limited to Reef Rock) will be closed until June 15, 2015; or until the nest has been abandoned.
- The climbing and bouldering area approximately 380 m northwest of Hidden Valley Campground is closed, including climbing routes Patagonia Pile (East and West Faces), The Head, Labor Dome, and the Wall of Biblical Fallacies. Bouldering problems in the closure area include Iron Door Cave, Voices, Tidal Wave, Tilt-O-Meter, Lizzy, Dino's Egg, and Chuckwalla. This area will remain closed until the nest has been abandoned to ensure the protection of the species for the duration of the nesting activities. The park does not anticipate the closure will last beyond June 30, 2015.
Permanent Climbing and Bouldering Closures
Rock Climbing Routes
- Energy Crisis, on the east side of Little Hunk formation
- The Schwarzenegger Wall, at the north end of Rockwork Rock formation
- Zombie Woof Rock formation
- The Maverick Boulder formation
- Pictograph Boulder, at the base of Queen Mountain
- Shindig, on Indian Cave Boulder
- Lonely Stones Area #3
- The Shipwreck formation
- The entire Indian Wave Boulders circut, except for Native Arete
- Wormholes, in The Underground
- The private property across from the Hemingway parking area
- Keys Ranch: Visitors to the ranch must be accompanied by a park ranger; scheduled tours are available.