Fordyce Bathhouse Visitor Center Closed
The Fordyce Bathhouse Visitor Center is closed until Fall 2013 for a major maintenance project. A temporary park Visitor Center, along with the park store, are located in the Lamar Bathhouse at the south end of Bathhouse Row. Call for more information.
Archival materials represent the bulk of the Hot Springs National Park museum collection-more than 500,000 items-and serve to support the park's administration, resource management, interpretation, and research programs. These items also are made accessible to the public and visiting researchers in appropriate ways. The archives include bathhouse business records, Hot Springs National Park administrative records, photographic collections, oral histories, park pamphlets, advertisements for the hot springs and the baths, bath tickets, bathhouse stationery, books on the human and natural history of Hot Springs National Park, maps, blueprints, and other similar materials.
Did You Know?
On June 10, 1936, President and Mrs. Franklin D. Roosevelt visited Hot Springs National Park and toured the Fordyce Bathhouse as part of the Arkansas centennial celebration. FDR used the baths at Warm Springs, Georgia, on a regular basis to relieve his polio. He never bathed in Hot Springs.