Laws & Policies
Emergencies: Park visitors should contact the park dispatch at 850-916-3010 or 911. Because of hurricane damages visitors are urged to use great care when visiting Gulf Islands National Seashore.
1. Glass containers are not allowed on the barrier islands. All litter must be removed from the Seashore.
2. Visitors should obey the park speed limits.
3. Fireworks are not allowed within the boundaries.
4. As of February 22, 2010, a new federal law allows people who can legally possess firearms under applicable federal, state, and local laws, to legally possess firearms in Gulf Islands National Seashore.
Federal Statue 18 USC section 930
Florida state statute section 790.25, & Fl. section 790.001(17)
Mississippi state statute section 97-37-1
5. Pets are not allowed on the Florida beaches, the Mississippi wilderness islands on Horn or Petit Bois or within the swimbeach at West Ship Island.
6. The use of Personal Watercraft (PWC) is based on location.
7. Fishing limits are based on state laws.
8. Metal detectors are not allowed and all historic objects and buildings are protected.
9. Plants and animals are protected within the Seashore.
10. Fires are allowed only in designated areas.
12. Drink responsibly and follow all state laws on alcohol consumption.
13. Observe closures. To help protect seagrass beds Spanish Cove and the unnamed cove near Langley and Red Fish Points on the northshore of Perdido Key are closed to combustion engines.
14. COMPENDIUM of designations, closures, permit requirements and other restrictions imposed under the discretionary authority by the Superintendent of Gulf Islands National Seashore. Addendum added on Use of Unmanned Aircraft
15. Title 36 Code of Federal Regulations.