Some hemlocks in this Hemlock Conservation Area have healthy, green canopies. Others affected by HWA have thinning, brown canopies.
Resource Roundup: Scan highlights of scientific projects and findings for February & March
Meet the Managers will return in Issue 3
Focus On…Dying giants: the loss of hemlocks in Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Introduction to Dying Giants
- NPS Profile: Read about the biocontrol beetle vs. the adelgid & watch NPS Resource Managers' efforts to protect hemlocks. Or go directly to the podcast.
- Partner Profile: Read about NPS Partner efforts to understand hemlock loss & stream life
- Links to… information about the month’s topic, further research, and volunteering opportunities
- And for those in school… information about education and experience needed to become an expert in each month’s field