More Park Facilities Reopen During May 2013
Watch Hill and Sailors Haven marinas open May 10. Limited ferry service from Sayville to Sailors Haven resumes May 13 and ferries from Patchogue to Watch Hill start on May 18. Remaining park facilities to reopen by May 25, 2013. More »
William Floyd Estate's "Old Mastic House"
In 1857, John G. Floyd, Sr. restyled the front of the house, adding the large porch, the cornice, and other details in the Greek Revival style.
He also remodeled the East Wing from a kitchen into a bedroom suite—with the home's first bath—and built a new wing wing on the northeast side for a kitchen, laundry and larder sheds.
In 1898, John G. Floyd, Jr. added a wing on the northwest side to help accommodate the many guests visiting the family during their summer retreats from New York City.
The new northwest wing included a hallway, sitting room and bath.
Did You Know?
The Floyd family left to the National Park Service more than 3,000 books from their family's personal library. A number of books were written by descendants of William Floyd, who lived in the house at "Old Mastic." More...