More About Our Partners
A not-for-profit Cooperating Association based in Hyde Park established to support the historic sites’ programs and projects through the sales of interpretive and educational materials. It operates bookstores at Vanderbilt Mansion and Eleanor Roosevelt NHSites.
An official project of Save America’s Treasures, working under the auspices of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, it was established in 1999 to raise funds for preservation, education, and interpretation related to Val-Kill. Based in New York City.
Private not-for-profit organization established following the site’s authorizing legislation (1977) to conduct programs that perpetuate Eleanor Roosevelt’s interests and concerns. Located at Val-Kill.
The first presidential library, established in 1939 by FDR and opened in 1941, operated by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) which also administers and operates the Henry A. Wallace Visitor and Education Center in partnership with the NPS.
Private not-for-profit organization created from three previous entities: the Franklin D. Roosevelt Foundation started in 1939, The Four Freedoms Foundation in 1951, and the Eleanor Roosevelt Institute founded in 1972. FERI raises funds and promotes the study of the Roosevelt era and is the primary support organization for the FDR Presidential Library. FERI provided funds for the restoration of Top Cottage, and has preserved the former James (Rosy) Roosevelt House, known historically as the Red House.
Regional organization of volunteers formed in 1994 to restore and maintain the gardens at Bellefield. Beatrix Farrand, who designed the gardens in 1912, was one of the nation’s finest landscape architects. Bellefield is the administrative headquarters for Roosevelt-Vanderbilt NHS and is located adjacent to the home of FDR.
Established in 1996, its scope is the entire river valley from Waterford to New York City. The heritage area is managed by the NY State Greenway. Headquarters are in Albany.
Did You Know?
Eleanor Roosevelt, along with Louis Howe, was instrumental in getting FDR back into politics after he contracted polio in 1921.