January 11, 2010
Kris Fister, 907-683-9583
This year's annual Denali Road Lottery is taking place on September 17, 18, 19 and 20 (Friday - Monday). Entries must be postmarked or submitted electronically between June 1 - 30, 2010. Entries postmarked before June 1 or after June 30 will be returned.
- Entries can be made online at: http://www.pay.gov/forms/formInstance.html?agencyFormID=20930258. (note - this web page will not be accessible to the public until June 1, 2010)
- A $10, non-refundable fee is required for each entry. This fee can be paid by credit card or debit card if entering online, or by check or money order if mailing an entry. Please do not send cash.
- A $25, non-refundable permit fee is required on the day the road permit is picked up at the park. In addition, permit holders must pay the park entrance fee of $20 per vehicle unless they have an America the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass (Annual, Senior, Access or Volunteer), or a Denali Park specific pass.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
- Entries will also be accepted by mail. Please be certain that:
- A legible return address, including first and last name (this is needed for selection notification) is on the envelope.
- Your desired dates, in order of preference, are printed on the back of the envelope. If no dates are provided, dates of September 17, 18, 19 and 20 will be assigned in that order.
- A check or money order for $10, made payable to the "National Park Service," is included.
- No additional paperwork is necessary with the envelope. The required information should be on the outside of the envelope.
- Mail entries to:
Denali National Park and Preserve
P.O. Box 9
Denali Park, AK 99755
- Entries must be postmarked no later than June 30, and must arrive by July 7 to be included in the drawing. If using the mail, submit entries early to make certain they arrive in time! All entries that arrive after July 7 will be returned, even if they were postmarked in June.
- The names of the individuals who are selected for permits will be posted on the park website, at www.nps.gov/dena/whatsnew.htm by July 15. Everyone who submitted an entry will be notified about the entry status via the U.S. mail. The information sent to those selected for road permits will include details on visiting the park during the road lottery. Permits are transferable.
- Please contact park headquarters at (907) 683-2294 or visit the park website at www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/road-lottery.htm for additional information.