Rim Rock Drive is OPEN - Visitor Center is OPEN 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Rim Rock Drive is OPEN There may be minor traffic delays near the East Entrance over the coming weeks. Watch for construction flaggers on the roadway. Always be on the lookout for cyclists!
14 people or less: $25
15 people or more: $50
If additional monitoring is required, a charge of $50.00 per hour/per employee will be assessed.
How To Apply
Special Park Use Coordinator
Rules and Regulations
1. Special Use Permits issued for most facilities and areas will be limited to three hours.
2. Please limit the number of vehicles in your party to 10 as parking space is limited. For large gatherings you should consider car pooling or buses to transport your guests.
3. Activities may not interfere with normal visitor use of the Park; therefore, areas will not be closed to public access during the event.
4. Park personnel will not be available to offer special assistance for traffic, parking, or other logistical needs associated with your wedding.
5. All participants associated with a Special Park Use event must observe and comply with all Park regulations, including those regarding the storage, handling of food and disposal of trash and garbage.
6. The use of rice or birdseed is not permitted. The area used for your ceremony is to be policed and left in the same condition as it was prior to your event.
7. Amplification of sound before, during, or after the ceremony and connection to park utilities is not permitted.
8. Animals are to be kept on a leash at all times and under physical control and pets, other than service animals are prohibited in the backcountry.
9. Any event that interferes with the normal activities of visitors, such as the closing of trails, overlooks or public use facilities, will not be allowed.
10. No disturbance of vegetation or other natural objects is allowed.
11. Park regulations do not permit the throwing or scattering of rice, birdseed, flower petals or any similar material. In addition, the release of animals including birds, butterflies or other insects is prohibited.
12. Buildings or structures cannot be used for attachments (such as banners or flowers).
13. Permittee will assume all responsibility for cleanup of the site.
14. All vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas. Carpooling is recommended; parking may be limited in some areas.
If you are not sure that your event requires a permit or you have other questions, contact:
Special Use Administrator
Did You Know?
With a large head and powerful jaws, the collared lizard is a carnivore. If you wonder why this lizard will hang around long enough for you to take its picture, know that the lizard is protecting its territory! More...