Carderock Picnic Pavilion
Caderock Picnic Pavilion
Please note, there will be some changes concerning existing entrance and camping fees along the C&O Canal beginning June 1, 2015.
The picnic pavilion at the Carderock Recreation Area is a large covered pavilion, open on three sides, that accommodates a maximum of 200 people. Convenient and ample parking is available for all attending your event.
There are 30 picnic tables in or around the pavilion and electricity, in the form of 4 110-volt outlets, is available for your use. There are 2 large grills outside the pavilion and a large fireplace within the pavilion. Water and comfort stations are located nearby.
There is a softball field and an area for volleyball or relay games. Horseshoe pits are near the front of the pavilion. All are for your use during your event. You must provide the sports equipment, though poles are provided for volleyball or badminton.
The Carderock Picnic Pavilion is available by PERMIT ONLY from April 1st through October 31st. Reservations will be accepted online.
Reservations may be made up to one year in advance. The cost for the permit is $150.00 for Monday - Thursday and $250.00 for Friday - Sunday, and on federal holidays. ONLY beer and/or wine may be served and the beer or wine MUST be served in paper or plastic cups and no open containers may be carried outside the pavilion
NO RAIN DATES or PARTIAL REFUNDS are given.
Here is a partial listing of general rules and regulations for use of the Carderock Picnic Pavilion. A more complete listing of park rules and regulations is available.
- The permit allows use of the pavilion between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and sunset only. The park closes at dark, which is one half-hour after sunset.
- Alcohol is PROHIBITED in the Carderock Recreation Area; however during a permitted rental of the pavilion alcohol is allowed in the vicinity of the pavilion only.
- Permission is required to have catering or special entertainment at the pavilion and caterers MUST have a valid Commercial Use Authorization.
- Permission is required to post signs or banners at the pavilion or on the roadways.
- The park is a "Trash Free Park" and trashcans are not provided. Trash must be picked up and the area left in a clean condition before departure.
- Fires may be built in established or portable grills only. ALL fires must be extinguished before leaving the park.
- Parking or driving on the grass is not permitted and PARKING AT THE PAVILION IS PROHIBITED. Parking is restricted to designated parking lots and parking may not be reserved. Car pooling and/or charted buses should be considered for groups of 100 or more.
- No live bands, disc jockeys, etc. are permitted. Any volume amplification must be at a sound level that does not carry beyond the pavilion or interfere with the use of the area by other park visitors.
- No vending, gambling, raffles or collection of fees of any kind are allowed on park property.
- No amusement type rides and/or generators are permitted. (i.e. Moon Bounce, pony rides, dunk tanks, etc.)
For further information, please e-mail the Acting Fee Supervisor Shaun Lehmann