Lighthouse Will Be Closed for Seismic Retrofit April 7 through May 16
The Lighthouse is undergoing a Seismic retrofit and will be closed from April 7 - May 16. Visitors can still access the Assistant Keepers Quarters exhibit from the south door, Lighthouse Comfort Station, and Kelp Forest Overlook. Call 619-557-5450.
Visitor Center Scheduled to be Closed May 19 through June 16
The Visitor Center will be undergoing a Seismic Retrofit and will be closed. Visitors will still be able to access the Auditorium, Ballast View and the East Patio. These dates are subject to change. Please call 619 557-5450 for updated information
WEDDINGS AT CABRILLO NATIONAL MONUMENT
To help you determine if Cabrillo National Monument is the best choice for your wedding location, we offer the following guidelines:
• Weddings may not start later than 3:30 pm. The park closes at 5:00 pm.
• Maximum number of 100 people. The site cannot accommodate more than this.
• Site is reserved in one hour blocks for wedding.
• Due to the natural terrain of the area, set-ups such as chairs, carpet runners, arches, trellises, podiums, organs/ pianos, loud music instruments or related items are not allowed. Flowers are permitted as long as they arrive and depart with the wedding party.
• No rice, birdseed, balloons, flower petals, or other decorations may be thrown, left or set up.
• Non-amplified low sound music from flutes, harps, guitars, etc. is permitted. Amplified music or public address systems are not allowed.
• There may be a guest who must sit down during the ceremony; someone may bring a chair for them and carry it out when leaving. Chairs may not be set up in advance of the ceremony.
• No live animals, insects, birds or others may be released.
• All vehicles must park in the main parking area, not by the Wedding Bluff site. Disabled persons may be driven to the lighthouse area and the cars returned to the main parking area.
• Wedding parties and guests must pay entrance fees. Wedding organizers may pay for their guest's entrance fees.
• Applicant is responsible for damages and accidents related to event.
To download a Wedding Permit Application, click here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For further information, please contact:
Did You Know?
Did you know that no one knows for sure where 16th century explorer Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo was born or what he looked like?