Remember these marine animals are not indestructible. Our careless handling and footsteps can do damage that the changing tides cannot. When you visit the intertidal zone, keep in mind these tips for your safety and for the protection of marine life:
- Do not wade or sit in tidepools.
- Rocks and algae are slippery. Watch your step.
- Never turn your back on the ocean: rogue waves can occur at any time.
- Wear suitable clothing and closed-toe shoes.
- Sea creatures live everywhere. Be careful where you place your feet.
- If you move animals or rocks, return them to the same spot.
- Do not pry animals from rocks; you may injure them in the process.
- Re-cover animals you find under rocks or seaweed so they won't dry out.
- All living creatures are protected in the park. Take only pictures.