Educational Fee Waivers
To schedule a field trip to one or more of the Flagstaff Area National Monuments - Walnut Canyon, Wupatki or Sunset Crater Volcano, please complete the registration form and submit documentation one month in advance of your trip. Please e-mail your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT FAX.
On your Fee Waiver Form, you MUST PROVIDE:
- Site(s) your group is visiting (Sunset Crater Volcano, Wupatki, Walnut Canyon)
- Which timeframe you prefer (AM: 9:00am-12:30pm OR PM: 12:30pm-4:00pm)
Along with this fee waiver, you MUST PROVIDE:
- Eligibility Documentation- Current official recognition as an Educational Institution by a Federal, State, or local government entity, or other documentation attesting to educational status, such as accreditation letter or an educational tax exempt letter.
- Relevance Documentation - There must be a direct relationship between the purpose of the visit and the use of the park. Provide documentation demonstrating why the visit is educational and specific to the Flagstaff Area National Monuments. A course outline, lesson plan, or a copy of the course curriculum meets this requirement.
- 1 chaperone is REQUIRED per 5-7 students
Prior to your field trip, preparing your students and chaperones for your visit will help to set everyone up for success. Please consider:
Altitude - the Flagstaff Area National Monuments are all located between 4,700 - 7,000 feet above sea level. Staying hydrated can help with the effects of altitude.
Weather - the weather at the Flagstaff Area National Monuments is variable. Bringing layers, sun protection and being prepared for the weather conditions will set your group up for success.
Be prepared - bring plenty of water and food. Snacks are sold in the park's Western National Park's Association store, but food services are not available at any of the monuments.
Preservation - as a national park site all cultural and natural features within the park are protected. To protect these resources, visitors must stay on designated trails. All resources within the park must be left where they are, and not disturbed.