The Nabesna Road Audio Tour
Are you planning to visit the Nabesna Road? Are you curious about geology or history? Would you like to learn more about the Boreal Forest or the animals that live there? If so, check out the Nabesna Road Audio Tour! This is a narrated tour of the Nabesna Road that plays in your vehicle's CD player.
You can download the audio tour for free or pick up a free CD at the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve visitor center or Slana Ranger Station.
Download the Nabesna Road Audio Tour script (pdf format, 284 KB).
Download the Nabesna Road Audio Tour tracks (mp3s - right click on the link and choose "Save Target As" option to download directly to your computer).
- Slana Ranger Station to Slana River Bridge
- Slana River Bridge to 4-Mile Road Junction
- 4-Mile Road Junction to the Park/Preserve Sign at Mile 5.6
- Park/Preserve Sign at Mile 5.6 to Copper Lake Trailhead
- Copper Lake Trailhead to Dead Dog Hill
- Dead Dog Hill to Caribou Creek Trailhead
- Caribou Creek Trailhead to Rock Lake Rest Area
- Rock Lake Rest Area to the Camping Area at Twin Lakes
- The Camping Area at Twin Lakes to Lost Creek Trailhead
- Lost Creek Trailhead to Jack Creek Rest Area
- Jack Creek Rest Area to Skookum Volcano Trailhead
- Skookum Volcano Trailhead to Reeve's Field
- The End of the Road!
- Wrangell-St. Elias National Park Visitor Center, in Copper Center
- Chitina, the McCarthy Road, and Kennecott Mill Town
- Conservation and Research Efforts in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve