Timpanogos Cave National Monument Visitor Center and Cave
The visitor center, caves, and cave trail will be open May 19 - Spetember 3, 2018.
The trail head for the caves is by the visitor center. They are located in American Fork Canyon on Highway 92 just 10 miles east from Interstate 15 and 17.2 miles from U.S. 189, and approximately 40 miles from Salt Lake City. The visitor center has an information desk, exhibits, and theater with orientation film.
To purchase tickets: call recreation.gov at (877) 444-6777 or visit their website.
Your cave tour begins and ends at the visitor center. That means the time you select when you purchase your tickets is the time you pick up your tickets at the visitor center to begin your mile-and-a-half hike to the caves. Visitors with cave tour tickets hike on their own, then join their ranger for a tour an hour and a half after they leave the visitor center.
Visitor Center (information): (801) 756-5239
For the 2018 season, all tours may be reserved up to 30 days in advance. Tours are limited to 16 people per tour. Visitors are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.
Western National Parks Association Bookstore is located in the visitor center and currently closed for the season. Call (801) 756-5239 for more information.
A pay phone is available at the visitor center, and restrooms are available at the Swinging Bridge Picnic Area.
- Cave tours are offered daily during the summer season.
- Evening programs are offered Fridays and Saturdays at 7:00 p.m. Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Junior Ranger programs are offered at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and Holidays, Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Grotto talks are offered just outside the cave several times per day and are open for all hikers and cave visitors during the cave tour season. If interested, ask about the next program when you arrive at the top.
- 'Hike with a ranger", a guided hike up the cave trail, is offered on Sunday mornings through the summer, 11 a.m. Open to everyone, no ticket needed for the hike (tickets still needed for cave tour). Meet at the visitor center deck.