Timpanogos Cave National Monument Visitor Center and Cave
The visitor center, caves, and cave trail are closed for the season. The trail head for the caves is by the visitor center. They are located in American Fork Canyon on Highway 92 just 10 miles east from Interstate 15 and 17.2 miles from U.S. 189, and approximately 40 miles from Salt Lake City. The visitor center has an information desk, exhibits, and theater with orientation film.
Be aware that visitor center construction will likely occur during the 2017 season, but final construction schedules have not been set. This will likely impact cave tours. Updates including seasonal opening and closing as well as tour schedules and times will be added to this website as they become available.
To purchase tickets: call recreation.gov at (877) 444-6777 or visit their website.
Your cave tour begins and ends at the visitor center. That means the time you select when you purchase your tickets is the time you pick up your tickets at the visitor center to begin your mile-and-a-half hike to the caves. Visitors with cave tour tickets hike on their own, then join their ranger for a tour an hour and a half after they leave the visitor center.
Visitor Center (information): (801) 756-5238
Seasonal Hours for Cave, Cave Trail, and Visitor Center
The visitor center, caves, and cave trail are currently closed.
Cave tours for the 2016 season have ended.
For the 2017 season, all tours may be reserved up to 30 days in advance. Tours are limited to 16 people per tour. Visitors are encouraged to call and purchase tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.
Western National Parks Association Bookstore is located in the visitor center and currently closed for the season. Call (801) 756-5238 for more information.
A pay phone is available at the visitor center, and restrooms are available at the Swinging Bridge Picnic Area.
- Cave tours are offered daily during the summer and fall seasons. Tours are currently closed for the season.
- Evening programs are offered Fridays and Saturdays at 7:00 p.m. Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Junior Ranger programs are offered at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and Holidays, Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Ranger talks are offered twice daily at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. on the deck by the visitor center, Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- In the Summer, Wednesday 4 p.m. deck talks are geared towards Cub Scouts, and Friday deck talks are geared towards Girl Scouts, but everyone is welcome.
- Grotto talks are offered just outside the cave several times per day and are open for all hikers and cave visitors during the cave tour season.
- 'Hike with a ranger", a guided hike up the cave trail, is offered during the cave tour season on Sunday mornings through the summer and Saturday mornings through the fall, 11 a.m. Open to everyone, no ticket needed.