- Cave tours begin every 15-30 minutes throughout the day, 7 days a week during the cave tour season.
- The first regular cave tour starts at the visitor center at 8:15. The last tour starts at 3:45 at the visitor center.
- The lantern tours start at 7:00am and 7:15am daily.
- The Introduction to Caving tour begins at the visitor center at 10:00am daily.
National Park Pass Sales
- Park Rangers are available on a limited basis for pass sales. Please call first to ensure a ranger will be availble to assist you.
The trail head for the caves is by the visitor center. They are located in American Fork Canyon on Highway 92 just 10 miles east from Interstate 15 and 17.2 miles from U.S. 189, and approximately 40 miles from Salt Lake City.
We do not recommend using your GPS to get to the park. They have a tendency to take people into local suburbs. If you'd like to attempt to use your GPS do not put in an address but rather put in "Timpanogos Cave National Monument" and verify that the GPS is bringing you to the park. Additionally, GPS will occasionally take people through Provo canyon to get here and those roads can be closed and generally take an extra 45 minutes to arrive.
To purchase tickets: call recreation.gov at (877) 444-6777 or visit their website.
Your cave tour begins and ends at the visitor center. That means the time you select when you purchase your tickets is the time you pick up your tickets at the visitor center to begin your self-guided mile-and-a-half hike to the cave entrance, where you will meet your ranger.
Visitor Center (information): (801) 756-5239
Tours may be reserved up to 30 days in advance. Regular cave tours are limited to 16 people per tour. Visitors are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance to avoid disappointment. Any remaining tickets for each day will be sold through recreation.gov up until an hour before the tour, then in person at the visitor center. Debit or credit card only; we are no longer able to facilitate cash or check purchase.
Western National Parks Association Bookstore is located in the visitor center and is open when the visitor center is open. Call (801) 756-5239 for more information.
Swinging Bridge Picnic Area is open year round, as snow access permits; restrooms are available there seasonally.