Timpanogos Cave National Monument Visitor Center and Cave
The visitor center and caves are open seasonally, May-September 5. The trail head for the caves is by the visitor center. They are located in American Fork Canyon on Highway 92 just 10 miles east from Interstate 15 and 17.2 miles from U.S. 189, and approximately 40 miles from Salt Lake City. The visitor center has an information desk, exhibits, and theater with orientation film.
To purchase tickets: call recreation.gov at (877) 444-6777 or visit their website.
Your cave tour begins and ends at the visitor center. That means the time you select when you purchase your tickets is the time you pick up your tickets at the visitor center to begin your mile-and-a-half hike to the caves. Visitors with cave tour tickets hike on their own, then join their ranger for a tour an hour and a half after they leave the visitor center.
Visitor Center (information): (801) 756-5238
Seasonal Hours for Cave, Cave Trail, and Visitor Center
The visitor center and caves are open 7:00 am - 6:00 pm mid-May through Labor Day. The last cave tour starts up the trail at 3:30 pm.
Cave tours for the 2016 season will run May 9-Sept 5. The visitor center and caves are closed September 6 - May.
Although tours are available throughout the day, all tours may be reserved up to 30 days in advance. Tours are limited to 16 people per tour. Visitors are encouraged to call and purchase tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.
Western National Parks Association Bookstore is located in the visitor center. Open during the summer season (May to October), 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. Call (801) 756-5238 for more information.
Timpanogos Cave Snack Bar and Gift Shop is located adjacent to the visitor center. It is open daily during the summer season. Call (801) 756-5702 for more information.
Restrooms and a pay phone are available at the visitor center, and pit toilets are available just before the cave entrance.
- Cave tours are offered daily during the summer and fall seasons.
- Evening programs are offered Fridays and Saturdays at 7:00 p.m. Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Junior Ranger programs are offered at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and Holidays, Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Ranger talks are offered twice daily at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. on the deck by the visitor center, Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- In Summer, Wednesday 4 p.m. deck talks are geared towards Cub Scouts, and Friday deck talks are geared towards Girl Scouts, but everyone is welcome.
- Grotto talks are offered just outside the cave several times per day and are open for all hikers and cave visitors.
- 'Hike with a ranger", a guided hike up the cave trail, is offered Sunday mornings through the summer and Saturday mornings through the fall, 11 a.m. Open to everyone, no ticket needed.