Last updated: January 7, 2023
Thing to Do
National Parks of Boston: Find Your Park Anywhere
Find your park anywhere, from your home to your backyard, with activities spanning the National Parks of Boston. Click on the links to download the activites.
- A Cleaner Harbor: Let's learn how the work of environmentalists helped Boston Harbor become clean enough to swim in!
- Create: An Island For All: If you had the chance to create your own island park for everyone to enjoy, what would it be like?
- Explore: Contribution Resolution: Discover how your unique skills and interests can help others in your community today.
- Create: Flotation Innovation: All aboard! Design a ship using household materials and discover how workers in the Charlestown Navy Yard innovated during WWII. Want to follow along with a ranger? Check out this video, and download the worksheet!
- Explore: Mapping Memories: Time to tell your story and consider how listening to the stories of others demonstrates compassion.
- Learn: Votes for Women!: Explore and discuss how you can advocate for something you care about.
These activities were created in partnership with Boston Harbor Now, Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation, and Save the Harbor/Save the Bay.
The activities range in time duration.
8 and Older
These activities are suggested for 8 - 12 year old children, but individuals of all ages are welcome to participate.
Entrance fees may apply, see Fees & Passes information.
Time of Day
All of the linked pdfs and videos are accessible.
- boston national historical park
- boston african american national historic site
- boston harbor islands national recreation area
- climate change
- voting rights
- women's rights
- women's history
- underground railroad
- boston harbor islands
- online activity