THING TO DO
Go on a Guided Tour of the Ford Mansion
Only service animals are allowed inside the Ford Mansion.
Ford Mansion tickets are included in the park's entrance fee. This transaction can be made at the front desk of the Washington's Headquarters Museum.
- Groups between 10 and 30 people can make a reservation, otherwise tickets are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Typical tours of the Ford Mansion are limited to 20 people.
- For safety and security purposes, the Ford Mansion tour size is limited to less than 40 people per tour. At no time will the number of visitors exceed 40 people.
- For larger groups, two tour reservations are required.
- We highly recommend keeping group tour sizes under 30 people. This allows for a more enjoyable experience.
- Reservations can be made for Ford Mansion tours on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- The 10 am tour is the only tour that can be reserved. For groups requiring more than one tour, a 9:15 am tour can be accommodated.
- Reservations are not guaranteed until a confirmation sheet has been sent to the group coordinator.
- Group reservation requests can be sent to the Reservation Coordinator via email.
- Reserved group tours are not private tours. If there is space available, any visitor who requests to attend that tour will be allowed. Example: if a group of 15 reserves a 10 am tour on Friday, there are still five more available tickets for that tour.
The Ford Mansion is not ADA accessible. Five steps are required to enter the first floor of the building. The second floor requires going up a steep flight of a dozen stairs. There is also a short walk from the museum where the tour starts with a slight grade up to the Ford Mansion, all on paved or bricked walkways.
Assistive listening devices are available for anyone who is deaf or hard of hearing. Please give us 48 hours notice if you would like to have one ready for your visit.
Last updated: January 18, 2017