- Grade Level:
- Lower Elementary: Pre-Kindergarten through Second Grade
- Lesson Duration:
- 30 Minutes
- Thinking Skills:
- Understanding: Understand the main idea of material heard, viewed, or read. Interpret or summarize the ideas in own words.
Are plants essential to our survival?
Name the parts of the plants
Plants are essential to our survival, therefore it is important to know the parts of plants and their functions
- Chart paper
- Explain to students that they will be learning about parts of living things help that thing survive. Call a student to the front, point to their head and ask them why it is important, do the same for some other body parts.
- Ask the students what can be a plant (flower, bush, tree, vegetable)
- Have them to draw (color if you choose) a plant of their choice. (Put to the side)
- Display, stop after they name each part to allow the students a chance to see it.
- Ask the students to name the parts of the plants that they saw on the video.
- Call out (and write) the name of a part and have the students right the name by the part on the picture. If they did not draw, the part, have them leave it blank.
Assessment: Drawn picture of a plant
plant, roots, stem, leaves, flower