- Grade Level:
- High School: Ninth Grade through Twelfth Grade
Scientists have noticed that ground level ozone levels tend to be worse at higher elevations, especially at night. This field trip will introduce students to these ozone issues. The attached field trip packet is broken into three parts - onsite activities in the park accompanied by two preparation activities and two wrap-up activities.
1) be able to estimate the percentage of injury on the leaves of various plant species
2) become familiar with the vocabulary associated with estimating ozone symptoms on plants (stippling, chlorosis, necrosis)
3) explain what ground level ozone is and how it impacts sensitive plants
4) describe two sources of and name at least one way to reduce ground level ozone.
Last updated: September 16, 2015