Request a Police Report

To request a police report for an incident that occurred in a National Park Service location within the Washington D.C, San Francisco, California, or New York City metropolitan areas, please email us at If you are requesting a police report outside of the the above USPP jurisdictional areas, please send it to the appropriate National Park Service site.

Incident Management, Analysis and Reporting System (IMARS)

The Incident Management, Analysis and Reporting System (IMARS) was created after careful collaboration between the United States Park Police, National Park Service, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Fish & Wildlife Service, Bureau of Reclamation, Bureau of Land Management and the Office of Law Enforcement, Security and Emergency Management. IMARS brings the Department of the Interior in compliance with Presidential Decision Directive 63 (PPD-63); “Critical Infrastructure Protection,” Electronic Freedom of Information Act Amendments (EFOIA); 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(2)(D), Government Paperwork Elimination Act (Pub. L. No.105-277), Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, 44 U.S.C. 3501-3520, Clinger-Cohen Act: 40 U.S.C. 1401, the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA); P.L. 103-62, Privacy Act; 5 U.S.C. 552a, Armstrong vs. Executive Office of the President; 1F. 3rd 1274 (D.C. Cir 1993), Public Citizen vs. John Carlin; rec’vd, 184 F. 3rd 900 (D.C. Cir 1999), OMB Circular A-130: “Management of Federal Information Resources,” Homeland Security Presidential Directive 5: “Implementation of NIMS/ICS,” and the Department of the Interior Strategic Plan for FY 2003-2008 (addresses DOI-IG study recommending Department-wide centralized RMS for incidents).

IMARS can simply be described as an Electronic Records Management System (ERMS) that enables law enforcement officers to electronically document incidents and store them in a secure, Department of the Interior (DOI) administered database. IMARS allows supervisors and managers to instantly track incidents occurring in his/her area of responsibility to help deploy resources effectively.

On January 1, 2013, IMARS officially became the Force’s primary incident reporting system. It has proven to be a reliable and effective tool for documenting law enforcement incidents.

Last updated: September 11, 2022