The Teaching with Historic Places video was developed by the U.S. Department of the Interior, National Park Service, in cooperation with the National Conference of State Historic Preservation Officers with funding from the Cultural Resources Training Initiative.
TwHP Film Contents
- Introduction to Teaching with Historic Places
- Local History and the National Register of Historic Places
- Classroom Case Study: Andersonville: Prisoner of War Camp
- TwHP Lesson Plan: Overview
- On Site Discussion
- Student's Feedback
- College/University Case Study: Using Places in a Social Studies Methods Course
- Classroom Case Study: Heurich Mansion, Washington, D.C.
- Comments from Teachers and Other Professionals