In addition to OMB approval, all Principle Investigators (PIs) conducting survey research within units of the National Park System must apply for a National Park research permit. The applications for permits must be submitted through the National Park Service Research Permit and Reporting System (RPRS).

Please note that the research permitting system is a separate process and all research permits are issued by the specific park unit(s) in which the research takes place. Parks may have additional requirements as well and PIs should contact staff members of respective park sites to make this determination.

To apply for a permit go here to submit an application and a full research proposal (see the Guidelines for Study Proposals at the same web site).

Last updated: September 29, 2016


  • Site Index