The National Park Service has developed a Junior Ranger Night Explorer program, encouraging young park visitors to explore the starry side of their national parks.
Children can learn how to find the North Star, write their own creative mythology about the constellations, track the phases of the moon, learn about stars and galaxies, and use all their senses to explore the night environment at a national park.
Want to become a Junior Ranger Night Explorer from home? Follow these easy steps:
- Download the booklet.
- Complete as much as you can as best as you can.
- Sign your booklet (and get a Park Ranger to sign it if you can!)
- Get your digital high five!
¿Quieres hacerse un Joven Guardaparque Explorador de la Noche?
1. Descarga el librete.
Sigue estos sencillos pasos:
2. Completa tantas actividades que puedas.
3. Firma tu librete (si visitas un parque nacional, consigue un guardaparque para firmar).
4. ¡Felicidades - consigue tu high five digital!
Last updated: July 10, 2023