To accomplish its important duties of preservation and education, the National Park Service relies on the efforts of volunteers who give their time and expertise to help achieve the National Park Service mission. The Volunteer-In-Parks (VIP) program was authorized by Public Law 91-357 and enacted in 1970. The primary purpose of the VIP program is to provide a vehicle through which the National Park Service can accept and utilize voluntary help and services from the public. The major objective of the program is to utilize this voluntary help in such a way that it is mutually beneficial to the National Park Service and the volunteer. Volunteers are accepted from the public without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Volunteers play a key role at Roger Williams National Memorial and are active in many areas of park operations.
• Greet visitors and provide information about the park, partner sites, and the National Park Service in the park visitor center.
• Staff special events.
• Conduct research and assist with administrative tasks.
• Assist with the maintenance of the memorial grounds and in other areas of resource management.
The benefits of volunteering at Roger Williams National Memorial are unlimited!
• Learn about the Roger Williams National Memorial and the National Park Service
• Receive training in National Park Service and Roger Williams National Memorial history, operations, and procedures
• Gain experience working with a Federal agency as well as a non-profit, cooperating association
• Have a flexible schedule
• Receive a volunteer uniform
• Enjoy the satisfaction and experience in communicating with and helping park visitors while representing the National Park Service
• Be recognized for sharing their time, knowledge, and expertise
To learn more about the VIP program at Roger Williams National Memorial, please contact volunteer coordinator, Sparkle Bryant at 401-521-7266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the National Park Service’s VIP program as well as other volunteer opportunities around the country, please visit www.nps.gov/volunteer and www.serve.gov.
Staff are not always on site during these COVID-19 restriction, please send an email (ROWI_Info@nps.gov) or contact us through social media at facebook.com/RogerWilliamsNPS. Responses may take 1-2 business days, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.