Thank you for volunteering to accompany a class to Crater Lake National Park.
Your help and leadership are both critical to the success of the field trip!Please be sure to check the packing list and dress appropriately. Chaperones will be participating and hiking along with the students. Be prepared, your comfort is important!
- Make sure students are following all safety rules and the directions given by the ranger. Please assist students when crossing the road and remind them to not feed the animals.
Leave No Trace
- All trash should be collected.
Please stay with your students unless the park ranger suggests otherwise
- Help them with small group activities and data sheets – but let the students do the thinking and the writing! Please try to let the students answer the ranger’s questions.
Leaving the Group
- Please let the teacher and the ranger know if you or someone in your group needs to be excused for a short time. Please accompany students to the restroom during a field session. Always stay in a group of at least three people.
No Smoking/No Cell Phones
- Please refrain from using any tobacco products anywhere near the students, bus, or on any hikes. We also ask that you not take (or make) phone calls during the programs.
- Enjoy the beauty and wonder of Crater Lake National Park!
Thank you for being a part of this valuable learning experience!