Rim Village Activity RotationThis option works best if you’re bringing more than one class.
10:00 am - Groups arrive at the Crater Lake Rim
- Proceed directly to Rim Village; do not stop at the Visitor Center. Keep driving until you
- A ranger will board the bus to welcome the group and explain the schedule
- Students use the restroom, eat a hearty snack, and dress for the weather
- Students may carry their backpack with extra layers and a water bottle
- Lunches stay on the bus, to be eaten when the program ends
- Each class meets their ranger in a designated area to begin activity rotations
- The ranger leads classes through teacher-selected activities (click here to see options)
- We require a 5:1 student to chaperone ratio for all activiites
1:15 pm - Lunch
- Locations: Sitting along the wall at Rim Village, the tables at Picnic Hill, the top floor of the Rim Café (upstairs above the Gift Shop, good for cold or wet days)
- Many groups need to leave the park by 1:30 pm (or earlier) to return to their schools. They often eat lunch on the bus.
Guided HikeThis option works best if you’re bringing only one class.
10:00 am - Groups arrive at trailhead
- Ranger meets bus and orients students
- Students use the restroom if they haven’t already
1:00-2:00 - Lunch and departure