Palace of Fine Arts
On land originally belonging to the Presidio, the Palace of Fine Arts was built in 1915 for the Panama-Pacific International Exposition. Today the site, which belongs to the City of San Francisco, features a classical Roman rotunda with curved colonnades in an idyllic park setting. Visitors may picnic, stroll by the lake or take amazing photographs.
Last updated: October 8, 2014