Location:Fishing ponds on Bigner Road in Beaumont, TX. GPS Coordinates: 30.146203, -94.129843
Dates & Times
Type of Event
Drop-in anytime between 9 and 12.
Fish for free with a park ranger!
Kids and families can learn all about fishing in the Big Thicket, including different kinds of knots, fishing limits, and even try fishing from the bank with a ranger. Kids who complete all the activities can earn a Junior Angler badge!
Stop by the fishing ponds on Bigner Road in Beaumont anytime between 9 am and 12 pm on Saturday, August 6.
GPS Coordinates for the event: 30.146203, -94.129843
No fishing license required. For any questions, contact us at 409-951-6700.
We are focused on making this event accessible to all kids and families! We set-up many items to make this a fun-filled activity for anyone with disabilities:
- Flat spaces for easier mobility;
- Plenty of outdoor space to move around and separate yourself from the 4 main booths when needed;
- Sensory kits with tactile tools and noise-canceling headphones;
- Large print, braille, and audio description of all brochures and posters;
- Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs);
- ASL interpreter (Check-out ASL Fishing Day on July 30th);
- Rangers trained to work with individuals with different disabilities.