Dates & Times
Type of Event
Join us this summer for our War of 1812 Fife and Drum Music Camp!
Since its beginning in 2013, over 700 students have taken their first steps as musicians on the parade ground of Fort McHenry. Join us for a fun and educational experience that students will long remember.
The camp will be held from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00p.m., Wednesday through Saturday. Students will meet park staff for daily check-in at a large tent outside of the historic star fort. Students will then engage in four action-packed days. The week culminates with an 1812 Music Spectacular. Students will form their own Corps and display their accomplishments in a performance for the general public.
- Raise the Star-Spangled Banner over the fort!
- March to parade ground for roll call and inspection.
- Musical training and workshops with professional instructors.
- Military drill and marching.
- Learn about the lives and work of musicians, soldiers, and sailors at Fort McHenry during the War of 1812!
- Public musical performance on historic parade ground.
Instructors will supply students with:
- Camp shirt
- Bag for sheet music and fife or drumsticks
- Water bottle
Students should bring the following:
- Comfortable footwear
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Boxed lunch in cool packs
Reservation or Registration: Yes
Contact InformationTim Ertel