Fort Point Living History Day
Location:Fort Point National Historic Site
Dates & Times
Type of Event
Fort Point is called to action once again! Experience first-hand the momentous era of the American Civil War from live re-enactors through infantry and artillery demonstrations, medicine in the 1800's, music, Victorian dance and exhibits displaying the lives of men, women, and children of days past. FREE Admission.
Fort Point stands watch under the southern anchorage of the Golden Gate Bridge. Parking at Fort Point NHS is extremely limited so visitors are advised to take public transportation to the event. Fort Point is a short (15 minute) walk from the Muni 28 bus stop at the Golden Gate Bridge Toll Plaza.
For more information please contact the Presidio Visitor Center at (415) 561-4323 or visit www.nps.gov/fopo
Many thanks to our partner 20th Maine Company G crew of Civil War re-enactors. Check out their website at https://www.20thmainecompanyg.com/ to see their list of upcoming events!
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
(Subject to change)
- 10 am - Fort Point opens
- 10:10 am - Flag raising ceremony
- 10:30 am - Tour of Fort Point
- 11:30 am - Cannon drill
- 12:00 pm - "California and the Civil War" talk in Fort Point theater
- 12:30 pm - Concert by Wandering Bow Band
- 1:00 pm - "The Battle of Charleston Harbor and Fort Sumter, 1863" talk in Fort Point theater
- 1:30 pm - Ceremony at San Francisco National Cemetery
- 3:00 pm - Tour of Fort Point
- 4:00 pm - Concert by Wandering Bow Band
- 4:30 pm - Flag lowering ceremony
- 5:00 pm - Fort Point closes
- Infantry drills occur every hour on the hour.
- Artillery discussions occur every hour on the half hour.
- Concurrent demonstrations throughout the day (located in the Main Parade Ground):
- Weapons Display
- Implements of the Cannon
- Medical Display
- Musiciain Display
- Cooking Demonstrations and Household Items and Uses
Reservation or Registration: No
Contact InformationPresidio Visitor Center