Location: LAT/LONG: 37.826669, -122.423023
The events for the day will take place on Alcatraz Island, the Presidio of San Francisco, and Black Point Gardens (part of Fort Mason)
Dates & Times
Type of Event
Thursday, October 27th - Register here. Choose a project from the "Select a Date & Time" drop-down menu and complete the registration form. Registration is required.
- 8am-Noon, Alcatraz Gardens: Help restore and maintain gardens once tended by the island’s military and penitentiary residents—add life, color, and vibrancy to the Rock.
- 1pm-4pm, San Francisco Habitat Stewards: Help restore natural areas and create important wildlife corridors in the Presidio of San Francisco with this fun and educational project to revitalize damaged ecosystems and promote environmental health.
- 2pm-5:45pm, Black Point Gardens: Help us restore the long-neglected gardens of East Black Point, a spectacular park site tucked away above the bustling San Francisco waterfront.
We're hosting volunteer opportunities all weekend long to celebrate! Check out additional opportunities below:
AGE, SKILLS, WHAT TO WEAR & BRING:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- All necessary tools, gloves, and training will be provided.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty - long pants, closed-toe shoes (no flip-flops or sandals), layers for changing weather, and rain gear, if necessary.
- Bring sun protection, such as a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Bring a reusable water bottle and personal snacks.
- Stay home and DO NOT attend if you:
- Have any illness symptoms
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Suspect you have had contact with a COVID-19 positive case
- Face coverings and social distancing are encouraged, but not required.
AIR QUALITY ALERTS:
Poor air quality may result in program cancellations - staff will be in touch if the program is impacted. Generally:
- Above 100 (orange) - program may continue but sensitive groups should consider staying home.
- Above 150 (red) - all volunteer programs will be canceled.
- Please visit AirNow for the latest air quality information.