Dates & Times
Type of Event
Great Basin National Park offers astronomy programs in the park at the Astronomy Amphitheater each Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday during the summer and fall. Programs consist of a 30 minute Ranger Presentation followed by roughly 1 hour and 30 minutes of telescope viewing (weather permitting).
Attendance to this program is limited and we ask that everyone observe current health and safety guidance.
Rules and recommendations
- Please do not use white lights (flashlights or cell phones) during the program. Red lights are allowed
- Arrive early for the program, especially during holiday weekends
- Do not smoke, drink alcohol, or bring any pets to the program
- Wear layers - nights get cold even in summer
- Benches are provided - Personal chairs are not allowed
- Tripods are not allowed