Last updated: November 7, 2021
Audio Description, Grill, Parking - Auto, Parking - Bus/RV, Picnic Table, Recycling, Trash/Litter Receptacles
The Yucca Picnic Area is one of three designated picnic locations at White Sands National Park. Tables are available on a first-come, first-served basis, with metal shade structures attached to each table. There are typically plenty of picnic tables for everyone to enjoy. Some tables are ADA accessible, and each has an elevated grill.
Tips for a great picnic:
- Use colored plates, napkins, cups, and silverware. White, plastic dinnerware is not easily visible on the white sand. Remember to Leave No Trace.
- When you are done with your picnic, use our recycling bins by the vault toilets to recycle plastic and aluminum.
- Consider using reusable tableware to reduce the amount trash left behind in the park.
- Trash dumpsters are provided in the picnic areas for your use. If the small trash cans are full please throw trash in the large dumpsters.
- Bag your trash. Wind will pick up things like paper plates and napkins and carry them into the dunes.
For more information on picnic opportunities at White Sands, please visit our Picnicking Information page.