Double Cavalry Barracks (1909)

Yellowstone National Park

Large, three-story stone building with porches on each story and red tile roof.
Modern-day view of the historic Double Cavalry Barracks.

NPS/Neal Herbert

Quick Facts

Location:
Fort Yellowstone Historic District
OPEN TO PUBLIC:
No

One of the stone buildings built by the Scottish stonemasons in 1909, This structure once housed two cavalry troops (200 men).

The largest building in Fort Yellowstone, it is now the park’s main administration building.