Cavalry Barracks (1897)

Yellowstone National Park

Tan wooden building with red brick chimneys and red tin roof.
Modern-day view of the historic cavalry barracks built in 1897.

NPS/Neal Herbert

Quick Facts

Location:
Fort Yellowstone Historic District
OPEN TO PUBLIC:
No

This barracks was built in 1897 to support the expanded operations. The building, a duplicate of the barracks built in 1891 was built to hold 60 men.

Today, this building contains the offices of the Yellowstone Center for Resources.

Last updated: October 5, 2017