Cavalry Barracks (1891)

Yellowstone National Park

Tan wooden building with red brick chimneys and red tin roof.
Historic view of cavalry barracks being used by the National Park Service.

NPS

Quick Facts

Location:
Fort Yellowstone Historic District
OPEN TO PUBLIC:
No

This barracks was built in 1891 and razed in the 1980s. The building was built to hold 60 men.

Last updated: October 5, 2017