Blacksmith Shop (1909)

Yellowstone National Park

Small stone building with red tile roof and a large tree standing in front.
Modern-day view of the historic blacksmith shop of Fort Yellowstone.

NPS/Neal Herbert

Quick Facts

Location:
Fort Yellowstone Historic District
OPEN TO PUBLIC:
No

Built in 1909 by the Scottish stonemasons, this building served as the blacksmith and saddle shop, as well as providing housing for the soldiers who guarded the army’s horses from theft.