Last updated: January 31, 2023
Parking - Auto, Picnic Table, Toilet - Vault/Composting, Trailhead
When the parking lot at Grand View Point is full, this easy hike is a good alternative with similar views of Monument Basin. People uncomfortable with exposure to heights may find it less challenging that the Grand View Point Trail, as well.
- Roundtrip Distance: 1.8 mi (2.9 km)
- Time: 1.5 hrs
- Elevation Change: 159 ft (49 m)
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Description: Walk to an east-facing overlook for views of the Colorado River, Monument Basin, and La Sal Mountains. Best in the late afternoon. Very limited trailhead parking. Hikers may not park off pavement of in the picnic area.
- Accessibility: This trail can be rough, uneven, and requires walking up and down a rocky hill and stone steps. It is not accessible to wheelchairs. In winter, there may be snow or icy conditions; we recommend traction devices for hikers.
- Dogs are not allowed on this trail. Service animals are allowed in national parks. What is a service animal?