Place

Quincy Mine Engine House

Rectangular stone building with a flat sloped roof and window openings along the side and four doors
The Quincy Mine Engine House

NPS Photo - Nathan Miller

Quick Facts
Location:
Hancock, MI
Significance:
Contributing Structure to the Quincy Mining Company National Historic Landmark District
OPEN TO PUBLIC:
No

Cellular Signal, Parking - Auto

Built in 1889, the Quincy Engine House served as a maintenance garage for the Quincy & Torch Lake Railroad. What began with 2 bays, soon became 3, and ultimately 4, signifying Quincy's growth at the time. The engine house is a tall single-story structure made from poor-rock and has a shallow-sloped flat roof. Brick arch details can be seen above the windows. Recent preservation includes tuckpointing, a new roof, windows, and doors.

Keweenaw National Historical Park

Last updated: May 20, 2021