Place

Old House at Peace field

A grey, two story building.  View from the front corner.  Green wisteria and vines.
Old House at Peace field

Quick Facts

Historical/Interpretive Information/Exhibits, Information, Information - Maps Available, Parking - Auto, Parking - Bus/RV, Public Transit, Trash/Litter Receptacles

Old House at Peace field was originally built in 1731. It was purchased by John and Abigail Adams in 1788. Four generations of the Adams Family lived in this house from 1788 to 1927. The family added three additions to the house, as well as updated the garden to the English gentleman’s garden we see today. To tour the garden, please follow the paths in the boxwood hedges. 
 
Old House at Peace field is open seasonally by guided tour only. Please visit Adams National Historical Park's Recreation.gov webpage for information on the next available tour.

Adams National Historical Park

Last updated: November 7, 2021