- West Branch, Iowa
- Part of Herbert Hoover National Historic Site
- OPEN TO PUBLIC:
Hannah Varney built this house in 1899 shortly after divorcing her husband. The West Branch Times described the house as being of "fine appearance and finished in modern style." After living in the house with her six children for less than one year, Hannah Varney moved to Iowa City and married Robert Ward. She left the house to her daughters, Cora and Clara, who lived in it until 1915. In 1967 the National Park Service moved the Hannah Varney House from its original location on the lot just south of where it now stands on Downey Street.