Last updated: November 1, 2021
End of the Trail Lewis & Clark Statue
Lewis and Clark NHT Visitor Centers and Museums
Installed in 1990, the bronze End of the Trail statue commemorating Captains Meriwether Lewis and William Clark 4,000-mile, 18-month journey was created by Stanley Wanlass. It stands at the Turnaround in Seaside, Oregon, where Broadway Street ends at the historic Seaside Promenade, a 1.5-mile stretch of paved walkway along the Pacific Ocean that was built in 1920.
Visitor Centers and Museums along the Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail
The Turnaround is a fitting location for the statue, as it’s considered to be the official end point to the Lewis and Clark Expedition’s journey—the place where they “turned around” to return home.
For more information, visit The End of the Trail Lewis and Clark Commemorative Statue.