Last updated: June 3, 2022
Devils Kitchen Trailhead, just inside East (Grand Junction) Entrance
Parking - Auto, Trailhead
- Location: From the east entrance, travel 0.2 miles (0.3 km). Limited parking is on the left. For additional parking, turn right into the Devils Kitchen Picnic Area. This trail starts out as the Old Gordon Trail, at the same trailhead as No Thoroughfare and Devils Kitchen.
- Mileage: 1.5 one way (2.8 km)
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Elevation: 4,990 to 5,060 feet (1521 to 1542 meters)
- Average time: 2 hours
- Usage: Hiking only. Horses prohibited.
- Description: Follow Old Gordon Trail for 0.5 miles to a signed junction directing hikers down the slickrock into Echo Canyon. This canyon's shady interior offers an escape from the relentless midsummer heat and ends at a pool beneath towering cottonwood trees.