Last updated: September 21, 2018
- OPEN TO PUBLIC:
During the summers of 1927 and 1928, park rangers Fritz Nyberg, Lee Swisher and Grant Pearson constructed this 11x13 shelter cabin near the Toklat River crossing. With $15 for window glass, hinges and nails, they completed the structure. The cabin was built of local spruce, axed and whipsawed to fit, and chinked with moss and dirt.