- The D&L Office is located at 2750 Hugh Moore Park Road, Easton, PA 18042
- The Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor preserves the historic pathway that carried coal and iron from Wilkes-Barre to Philadelphia. Today, the Corridor and 165 miles of D&L Trail are a vital connection to nature, recreation, our nation’s industrial heritage, and more than $250 million in annual economic impact. The D&L creates connections through important programs, including the National Canal Museum, Tales of the Towpath Curriculum and Trail Towns, Trail Tenders, Trail Patrol, and Get Your Tail on the Trail programs.
- National Heritage Corridor
- OPEN TO PUBLIC:
The Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor (D&L) includes Bucks, Lehigh, Northampton, Carbon, and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania.
D&L works with government entities, non-profit organizations, commercial entities, residents, and visitors to the Corridor to:
- Conserve the historic transportation system of canals and overland railroads, and amplify the recreational and educational opportunities based on them.
- Broadly tell the story of the region by strengthening the infrastructure for interpretation and education.
- Establish a framework for stewardship which will preserve significant historic sites, collections and archives, enhance recreation, and conserve the natural and cultural environment.
- Provide opportunities for capitalizing on the Corridor’s rich heritage as a means for development and revitalization.