Place

Bunker Hill - Southeast Corner Marker

Low granite marker with engraved text in a grassy area
"South-east corner of the redoubt thrown up on the night of the sixteenth of June 1775"

NPS Photo/Sullivan

Quick Facts

Historical/Interpretive Information/Exhibits

During the night from June 16th to the 17th, several hundred men marched to the top of what is known today as Breed's Hill. There, they began construction of a dirt fortification called a redoubt. This marker approximates where the southeastern corner stood.

Last updated: June 16, 2021